Monday 9 September 2013

Maybe it was my hat...

Whatever it was, on my way home from Lykavittos this evening I was asked for directions twice! I answered as best I could in Greek and just hope I sent them on the right way. I really enjoy walking up Lykavittos and I have now discovered a route (without getting lost) which takes about 35mins from my flat. Today has been a fairly productive day and I was thankful for getting two more lessons planned in the morning. It is starting to get very near the beginning of term and tomorrow we are having a seminar in the afternoon from an English language teaching publisher. There does feel like a lot to get done at the moment, please pray for me and my school that we are prepared for the students when they arrive on the 18th.

At the top of Lykavittos
Also this week, I am also hoping to help out with a ministry for refugees, homeless and the poor. The 2nd church are serving in cooperation with the ministries 'share the blessings' and 'helping hands'. The aim of this ministry is to provide food, clothes and most importantly some thoughts from the Word of God. I am praying that in whatever way he wills, God will direct me and use me to serve his gospel during my time in Athens. In all this, please pray that I learn how best to balance my school commitments and also my ministry commitments as-well. Also there is of course my desire to learn Greek and the on-going quest of my paperwork. God-willing by the end of this week I will have my residents permit (going to immigration on Wednesday) and a bank account. Lots to think about, lots to get done, but please pray that I keep remembering those words of Jesus:

So do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?” For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.   
Matthew 6:31-34


Καλή εβδομάδα! - (Kalí̱ evdomáda) - Good week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment