Thursday 3 October 2013

Being organised...

Not something that many people would think of when it comes to me! But believe or not, my teaching position at the school has brought out the organiser within and I now have created a teaching schedule (times of my 14 classes), a teaching calendar (showing 3 months worth of blocks for each class) where I colour in a block after completing a lesson, this helps me know which classes I've taught during the week because I often duplicate my lesson plans, and finally I bought 7 brightly coloured folders to store all my lesson plans for each level. Still lots to think about but it's a good start! Thank you for all your prayers and please continue to pray for my times at the school. I'm known as 'Mr Jonathan' by all the children which is quite fun! The majority of my classes are a delight to teach and I think at times they're not quite sure how to react to this strange Englishman up-front. One of my students today said how her school was boring so hopefully I can bring a bit life into their learning experience!
Ooooo... brightly coloured folders
    
It was the feeding ministry today at the 2nd Church and give thanks to God for a really good time. I'm very much enjoying getting to know the team and we had lots of fun today preparing for the arrival of our guests. I went over to talk to a group of men today and discovered that they are all from Syria. Praise God that during our conversations two of the men asked me if I could help them with their English. I'm going to meet with one tomorrow morning and another before church on Sunday. In other news, the last few days I've been feeling much more settled. There are of course still the 'what am I doing - I miss England' moments, but these are causing me to draw nearer to God, through whom I can say with the Psalmist 'The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace' (Psalm 29:11). I will close with the shocking news that temperatures in Athens are at an all time low (for me that is) - 16°C! I walked out this morning wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt to the delight of my neighbours. 'You're crazy!' - my response - 'in England this is like summer!'       

1 comment:

  1. Good Evening Mr Jonathan, and whats more it's an organised Mr Jonathan!!!!. I am so pleased you have had a good day and that you are organising your time and lessons better, and I'm sure your teaching will bring alot of life to the childrens learning. Well Granny and I have had another lovely day. Granny didn't get up till 0800 today, so I think I will be giving her another two Nytol tonight!!!. After brunch we went for another coastal walk, the weather was glorious and by the time we had gone round the island and reached Belvoir Bay we were both rather hot. Now we hadn't bought our costumes and towels with us, so the next best thing is to take ones trousers off and just go for it, and what fun it was rolling in the waves, thankfully there wasn't anybody around to see us, we then had to dry off on the rocks before making our way back home, I think we will both sleep well tonight. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and I look forward to catching up via skype on Saturday at 1700hrs until then take care. Love and prayes as always. God Bless. Mum. xxx Granny sends her love too. xx
    Psalm 25:4. Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths;
    guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my saviour,
    and my hope is in you all day long.

    ReplyDelete