Tuesday 27 August 2013

Englishman in Athens...

Nearly my first full day in the beautiful and hot (30oC) city of Athens. It has been a mixed day comprising of getting lost (many times), numerous taxi rides (because I was lost), queuing in a tax office (then leaving because it was going to take too long), taking about 4 hours to do my supermarket shopping (might be over exaggerating a little) because I hadn't realised there were two floors, speaking Greek badly to lots of people (who were very friendly and understanding), going into an electronics store to buy an adapter and spending over half-hour talking (in English) about lots of things (he was very helpful and I said I'd go back when I knew more Greek). Oh and almost thought I couldn't open my front door this morning to get back in (I figured it out in the end). Overall I have been made to feel very welcome and looking forward to catching up with friends and getting going with my job next week.

My flat is somewhere down this road on the right
living room/study


Never seen so much olive oil
Lots of shopping outside

Lots shopping inside


Apparently there is only one football team you support around here...


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jon!
    It's Ian (Otherwise known as Pinnell, Producer Pinnell, your cousin etc... ;) - Looks like you're settling in well!

    Keep up the blogging :) I'll always read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian! (radio presenter who doesn't play Jools Holland!)
    Thank you for your message! Hope you are doing well. Will look forward to sharing more news soon! God bless

    ReplyDelete