Monday 20 January 2014

One day...

Last week resulted in me getting slightly ill. I'm assuming it is a virus thing but by Friday, I was completely exhausted. Over the weekend, I was thankful to be able to get some rest, and also be looked after by some church friends on Sunday. When you feel ill a little bit of TLC goes a long way! Anyway, it's now Monday and praise God I'm starting to feel much better but not 100% yet. Lots of lemon and honey and if I can get some more, Lemsip. I don't think they sell Lemsip in Greece as the pharmacist looked very bemused when I tried to explain this powdered drink with paracetemol. Never mind, I'm confident that rest will suffice. Your prayers would be very much valued.

Give thanks, the Lord is very gracious and upheld me through my lessons at school today. To be honest, I was not looking forward to going in, but upon reflection, I think some of the lessons were probably the best I've had with the classes. I've particularly enjoyed teaching two classes how to write a good essay. They're making progress which is encouraging.

Tomorrow, I will God-willing be with the 'helping hands' team. We had a very encouraging time last week serving the refugees. One of the joys of this ministry is having the opportunity to give someone a good meal - something I'm sure we all take for granted from time to time. On Thursday last week, I had a good conversation with a Sudanese friend who comes to 2nd Church. His story is remarkable and a very sad one too. I had to leave mid-way through talking so hoping that this Thursday will be part 2. It is encouraging to hear and see how God is changing people in Greece.

Even through hardship and in many cases unimaginable tragedy, people see that there is hope only in Jesus. Even for someone like me, feeling a bit under the weather (no comparison) - one day:

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment