Sunday 9 February 2014

This is our time...


I know - another picture of the Acropolis and Lykavittos! However, I think you'll agree this a stunning view. Sunday is probably my favourite day of the week, not only because of church in the morning, but also because the afternoons are always unexpected. This Sunday was special as all the ex-pats in the congregation gathered after the morning meeting for lunch (lots of amazing food) and an encouraging time as we reflected on how we could best belong and bless the church we have found ourselves to be in. During my short time in Greece the 2nd Church has certainly been a blessing to me. I have been made to feel very welcome and thank God for the teaching of his word that is helping me grow in my love for the One who so loves me.

One of the things that was said which has stayed with me over the day is the thought that - this is our time. What I mean by that, is that the 2nd Greek Evangelical Church has reached its 90th anniversary. We have the privilege of being able to look back over those 90 years and see how God has blessed the church and made his light shine more brightly from it.

For most of those who are involved in the church, there have been many many years of faithful service and only now are sprouts starting to appear. With this in mind, who knows God-willing where the church will be in another 90 years time. All we do know is that - this is our time.

If there is one prayer that I have been praying it is that God would help me to be faithful and obedient to the place he has called me to be now. To make the most of the moment and do everything not so I would be made known but that he would be made known.


Go on - another picture!
Some interesting artwork





  


No comments:

Post a Comment