Saturday 15 February 2014

Keep calm and eat a souvlaki...


An important piece of advice and one that made my class smile as they entered the classroom this week. Overall, I am thankful that most of the lessons have gone well this week. It is a busy time for the students with lots of tests both at their 'normal' school, and also at the language school. This often means that tactical motivation techniques are required, although I was quite clear in stating that I am not buying souvlaki for everyone. I've also discovered that I need to tighten up security on my 'homework chocolate box' as the number of contents appears to have suspiciously decreased.


Mobile hospital outside church

There is much to be thankful for both at 'helping hands' and the 2nd Church feeding ministry. Over this week, there has been a mobile hospital which has offered its services to anyone who needs medical attention or a check up of some kind. This is a welcome provision for many as medical work can be very expensive. I personally did not witness this service taking place but hear that it has been a success and was really appreciated by those in the community. Please continue to pray above all that all the services we provide would point people to Christ. He is the reason we love and serve because He first loved and served  us!

I am excited to be able to welcome some friends to Greece over the next 6 days. It will be fun to show them around Athens and introduce them to a few Greeky things. I have of course been sampling the best food in the best Tavernas to ensure they have the best experience.

I feel very blessed with the friendships I have made over the years, and I have made many new friends over the last 6ish months. God is good. He places us in just the right place at just the right time with just the right people. All so that we might be blessed but above all be a blessing to others. I'm also seeing how He uses (in a positive sense) people as instruments to not only show us where we need to change, but step by step make that change a reality.        

No comments:

Post a Comment