Saturday 22 March 2014

Nes... I mean yes...


After completing my weekly supermarket trip with a record breaking basket total of 20 euros, I decided that a short visit to Lykavittos was needed to again seek more peaceful surroundings. As you can seek from the picture above, it is an ideal location for the three R's of - reading, resting and relaxing. I was thankful for a much better end to the week, and had a particularly fun time with my final class on Friday. I have some delightful classes which thankfully make up for the more trickier ones. However, I remain determined as ever to persevere with the students. There have been notable improvements in some of the children I teach which is very encouraging.

Tonight, I again joined the Albanian fellowship for another service. Over the weeks I have enjoyed getting to know some of the people at the church, and although there are a few language difficulties, we seem to get by. I am thankful that my Greek is now at the level that I can at least attempt to engage in conversation. I found myself tonight learning a few Albanian words which I have now totally forgotten of course.

I have found that when you are learning another language, bits of other languages (and even your native language) gets squeezed out or jumbled up. On many occasions I find myself saying - "nes" - a combination of - yes and nai (Greek). The other day I tried to remember some of my GCSE French, completely failed - δεν πειράζει - I mean, never mind!

It has been very encouraging to visit and even participate in the services of the Albanian church. I am discovering the wonderful and glorious truth that Jesus is indeed Lord of all!



Music practice before the service
After service meal!















No comments:

Post a Comment